About Ellen Montelius
Ellen Montelius lives and works in Kent, UK. She has taught art and photography at educational institutions in the US, France and the UK.
Ellen currently organises workshops with all age groups in digital photography & mixed media. Her commercial work is commissioned corporate portraiture, producing artist led collaborative projects and documenting museum collections for archival purposes and promotion.
Ellen's photographs portray subjects that demonstrate a quiet dignity, allowing the characteristics of the individual and the setting to be visually interpreted as an intriguing narrative.
Qualifications and training
- 1990 MA in Teaching, Tufts University, Medford, MA, USA
- 1986 BA Photography and Fine Art, Massachusetts College of Art, Boston,USA
- 2011 Electric Lantern Festival Photo Exhibition, Trinity Arts Gallery, Kent,UK
- 2011 Ko-ax Photographic Exhibition, Mascalls Art Gallery, Kent, UK
- 2011 re:collections, Tunbridge Wells Museum & Art Gallery, Kent, UK
- 2008 Special Effects, Tunbridge Wells Museum & Art Gallery, Kent, UK